Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Bob Baker's Podcast of Self-Promotion Tips and Inspiration for Musicians, Artists, Writers and Creative People of All Kinds
76 - How to Make a Viral Music Video
On this episode I give you my top 10 elements of a music video that goes viral (along with two bonus tips). There's no way to guarantee that any video will take off. But if you keep these principles in mind, you will greatly increase your odds of viral success.
Running time: 18:22 minutes. File size: 8 megs. Format: MP3 (64 kbps).
There are three ways to enjoy this episode:
1) Listen now using this streaming audio player:
2) Download the MP3
3) Subscribe to the Podcast
Stuff mentioned on this episode:
- Artist Empowerment Radio Podcast on iTunes
- Pomplamoose music videos
- Karmin music videos
- Gangnam Style
- OK Go treadmill video
The "Viral Video" image above comes from TheDigitel Myrtle Beach on Flickr.
Also check out my How to Make Your Music Video Go Viral blog post on this topic.
Have a Question or Comment? Leave Me a Voicemail!Please visit my voicemail page to leave a message. It's quick and easy. I may feature you and your question on an upcoming episode.
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
About This Podcast
- Artist Empowerment Radio is all about giving musicians, artists, writers and more the marketing ideas and inspiration they need to succeed.
- In addition to this podcast, check out Bob's music promotion blog and full-time author web site.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians and authors how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music and books, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
A easy-to-read overview of online marketing
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 75 - Ariel Hyatt on Crowdfunding and Slaying the F...
- 74 - Six Daily Rituals to Achieve Your Maximum Pot...
- 73 - Rock Your Live Events, Promote Kids Music
- 72 - How to Market Children's Music Mr Billy Style...
- 71 - Beat Procrastination, Get Important Stuff Don...
- 70 - Nuts & Bolts of Music Marketing & Social Medi...
- 69 - The Power of Positive Thinking & Artist Devel...
- 68 - Music Career Transition (Who Is Brian Thompso...
- 67 - Successfully Mixing Music, Fashion & Art: Mor...
- 66 - Morgan Joanel: An Australian Success Story
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker