Bob Baker's The Buzz Factor
Music marketing tips and self-promotion ideas for independent songwriters, musicians and bands.
Bob Baker's Podcast of Self-Promotion Tips and Inspiration for Musicians, Artists, Writers and Creative People of All Kinds
59 - Lessons from Gene Simmons & KISS - Michael Brandvold interview
In 1998, Gene Simmons tapped Michael to build and launch KISS's first official website. He then proceeded to grow KISSonline into a multi-million dollar enterprise with over a half million visitors a month.
Michael also helped launch VIP Platinum Ticket Programs, which handled ticketing programs, online branding, marketing, and sales efforts for U2, Motley Crüe, Rod Stewart, Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, and more.
Here's about 30 minutes of a 75-minute interview with Michael Brandvold. It's part of a new series of interviews Bob is doing for his Music Marketing Mentorship Program.
Running time: 34:10 minutes. File size: 16 megs. Format: MP3 (64 kbps).
There are three ways to enjoy this episode:
1) Listen now using this streaming audio player:
2) Download the MP3
3) Subscribe to the Podcast
Stuff mentioned on this episode:
- Jack Conte and Nataly Dawn of Pomplamoose - an independent music duo that has become a buzzworthy YouTube music video sensation.
- Scott Stratten - author of "UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging." He is an expert in viral, social, and authentic marketing ... and he has roots in the music business!
Post your ideas in the Comments below.
The show intro music is the beginning groove from "Fickle Mind" by Heidi McCurdy. Thanks to Angela Stevens for the great voice-over work.
FREE Music Tips Ezine
- Get Bob's Free Music Marketing Tips by Email. Find out more.
About This Podcast
- Artist Empowerment Radio is all about giving musicians, artists, writers and more the marketing ideas and inspiration they need to succeed.
- In addition to this podcast, check out Bob's music promotion blog and full-time author web site.
What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, indie musician and former music magazine editor dedicated to showing musicians and authors how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more music and books, and increase their incomes.
Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
129 Free & Low-Cost Ways to Promote & Sell Your Music on the Internet
55 Ways to Promote & Sell Your Book on the Internet
A easy-to-read overview of online marketing
Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook:
201 Self-Promotion Ideas for Song-
writers, Musicians and Bands on a Budget
- Killer Music Press Kits
- Guerrilla Music Marketing, Encore Edition
- Killer Music Web Sites
- DIY Music Marketing for the Serious Musician
- How to Tap Into NACA and the Lucrative College Music Market
- Online Music PR Hot List
- How to Use Video to Promote Your Music Online
- How to Publish Your Own Indie Book
- Unleash the Artist Within
Connect with Bob on
- 58 - Joe Vitale Interview on Hypnotic Music Market...
- 57 - David Nevue: Lessons From a Full-Time Musicia...
- 56 - Real-Time Promotion & the Need for Speed
- Special Christmas Message & Advice for 2011
- 55 - Holiday Promotion Ideas & Seasonal Marketing ...
- 54 - Crap Filters & the Perfection Curse
- 53 - How to Handle Internet Marketing Overwhelm
- 52 - The Dangers of Clinging to the Creative Past
- 51 - Success Secrets for Artists & Creative Entrep...
- 50 - Seth Godin's 16 Questions for Artists & Creat...
Favorite Music Blogs
- DIY Musician
- Music Think Tank
- David Hooper
- Ariel Hyatt
- Derek Sivers
- Brian Thompson
- Michael Brandvold
- Artists House Music
- Bob Lefsetz
Copyright 2004-2013 Bob Baker